Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Food

Ah, Super Bowl Sunday was yesterday... I tried my best to not pig out on all the delicious food. My downfall was the beer. It was good beer. Four cups of good beer. I think I had my alcohol limit for the week, so this week I am going to try to go alcohol free.

Problem is I love to have a glass of wine at the end of the day. But I have to remember, I am going for a healthier lifestyle. If the lifestyle can include alcohol, that will be great, but if it can't I would much rather be fit and look great, than to drink beer. So, once I finish the beer in the garage, I am not going to buy anymore, for me that is. My husband loves his beer, I don't feel it would be fair for me to just take that away from him. If I lose a bunch of weight because of it, he might want to get on the bandwagon too. But its a wait and see for all of us.

Today I worked out for an hour on the incline trainer. I fluctuated between 5% and 10% incline. But I went 3.1 miles and burned 613 calories. My largest calorie burner exercise in one workout session. Like I said, I am starting off slow. Maybe one day I can run a marathon or something to that sort, but I know it doesn't happen overnight.

I am happy to report that after a workout I am feeling refreshed and more willing to do stuff around the house. I put a bunch of stuff away, cleaned the bathroom, and even started on the laundry. My husband will be so happy. I think he will even start to enjoy my new found energy!

For breakfast I ate a bowl of oatmeal. My favorite oatmeal is Strawberries in Cream. Quaker used to sell it in a box by itself, but I couldn't find it at any of the local stores, so I switched to a new brand that sold just Strawberries & Cream. Its is called Better Oats. Now I found they make a DARK CHOCOLATE oatmeal, and it sounds delicious!! I am going to go to the store tomorrow and see if I can find it!

For lunch I made myself a salad. It was good and filled me up, but I am starting to get hungry again. I will have a snack of fruit here after I fold a load of laundry. I think that is enough for today. I am know I am only rambling to myself, but it will be nice to be able to look back and reflect on what I did and didn't when trying to get fit!

peace. love. dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment